Monday 6 August 2012


The balance in life

Within my work I regularly talk to people about a healthy lifestyle, and I know what I have in mind but sometimes I get a response that makes me realize that how I define a healthy lifestyle not always means the same for the rest of the world.

A healthy lifestyle for me is a balance of healthy food, exercise and rest. I think the balance for me is more important than anything else. I can’t live on lettuce all the time, I love to go out for dinner every once in awhile and order anything that seems nice. I love my running and my gym sessions, but I do need a change sometimes with an aerobics class of some kind.

I also feel so much better when I make sure I do my stretching/yoga/relaxing sessions.

The balance in life is probably the hardest for everyone to adopt. We can have a goal or a feeling of what we would like to achieve, so we start full on but so many times we have gone out too hard and we don’t have the energy to keep going. We get the feeling that we couldn’t do it and feel disappointed we ourselves.

By all means we need goals, something to keep us going and motivated, but they need to be realistic with some rewards along our way.

So, what have I done today to keep my life in balance? This morning I did my cardio session – cross trainer combined with biking (early morning so it doesn’t interfere with today’s work), had a beautiful raw salad for lunch, I went shopping for a bit with my daughter, took the dog for a walk, had my daughter’s delicious fudge with my afternoon coffee, did my relaxing session (before bed so it doesn’t interfere with work or family time) and the work in-between actually didn’t feel overwhelming. I also made some very nice double chocolate pecan treats, but I will share that with you later. 

Keep your life in balance with healthy food, exercise and rest – but also with positive good company! 

Yours in Health & Fitness,

Birgitta



No comments:

Post a Comment