Wednesday 4 April 2012


Do you eat enough fish?
I had grilled fish and quinoa salad for dinner tonight, and it was really nice.
I used bass filet, which I slightly brushed with the dressing from the quinoa salad.
I made a mixture of fresh ginger, garlic, chili and pepper which I also mixed with the quinoa dressing and poured that over the grilled fish.
Quinoa salad
Serves 4

1 cup cooked quinoa
2 cups parsely chopped
2 cups mint, chopped
2 large handfuls, baby spinach leaves
1 small red onion or 2 shallots, finely sliced
½  cumber, chopped
2 ripe tomato, chopped or 250 g cherry tomatoes
20 g pumpkin seeds
20 g almonds or pistachio, chopped

Dressing
1 lemon juiced + zest (30 ml)
2 teaspoons honey
100 ml cold pressed olive oil
fresh ground pepper

Combine all the dressing ingredients until creamy.
Mix together parsley, mint, spring onion and spinach.
Add the tomato, cucumber, seeds, quinoa and almonds.
Mix in a few tablespoons of the dressing.
Spoon into a large serving bowl.
I served it with a green salad, and it doesn’t get much better than that.
Smaklig måltid!!!!! (Swedish for enjoy your dinner)

Yours in Health & Fitness,
Birgitta

No comments:

Post a Comment